Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Changeling

Changeling    
(written 2/22, Cotati, Ca.)

How hard it is to believe that change is possible

especially how hard to believe that change is possible NOW
both for me and around me

all i can see is what is in front of my eyes now

the life i am living
the world and society i am living in
and yet
one of the primary teachings of the buddha is
CHANGE
Impermanence

why is it harder for me to believe that 
all this suffering
will pass

easier to believe that things are bad and getting worse
and will continue to get worse
and worse

The pendulum, the yin/yang symbol, and other
mystic teachings

all say
it's all gonna change

is it easier for me to have nothing to lose

so that i can avoid the pain of losing what is dear to me
so i can scoff and rant 
at those holding on
to their precious 
transitory 
illusions of security?
and what does that say about me

Impermanence, holding on

is suffering
I am suffering
holding on to the protection of
having nothing to lose
because
everybody always loses everything
the teachings say
in order to gain everything

Change is here

No comments:

Post a Comment