Friday, February 24, 2012

Treading Water

Treading Water

February 24th

My birthday a few days away
here i am one more time
actually never stopped my whole life
wrestling with my demons

dark, crusty hands

reaching up from the waters of my unconscious
grabbing  me by the ankles
dragging me down
under

I fight and fight and fight

Fought my whole life
made a lot of progress
the dark crusty hands are weaker now
now i only go under a little bit and for a little while
then i quickly make it back to the surface, and
tread water 
which is better than when 
i used to go under and
stay under


but when will i fly?

I know i have wings, i can feel them
sometimes other people even tell me they can see them
Once or twice i've even taken off briefly, felt great
then I'm back treading water

Over the years i've learned a lot about how to free myself

things i can teach others
if i ever get free myself

I have hope

but when, O Spirit
will the dark
crusty grip
all my unconscious fears and self-judgements
release
and like a great eagle
I will enter into the kingdom
the kingdom of light
love, peace, joy and fulfillment

amin

No comments:

Post a Comment